The Supervisor of Special Inspections is a Licensed Civil Engineer (PE) who serves as the project engineer in-responsible-charge of contracted special inspections and structural tests and works closely and will travel (day trips) visiting commercial construction sites to perform work.
• Initial set-up and management of the project special inspections program
• Act as a consultant on construction related problems, failures or issues
• Attend pre-installation conferences and relay inspection program requirements to team
• Technical review of test/inspection reports for compliance with the construction contract documents and the New York Building Codes
• Perform on-site inspections and report results
• Certification of the inspection/testing program at project completion
Salary is $80K+. Strong benefits package. Direct placement opportunity.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or similar
• Registered Professional Engineer required; New York State Professional Engineer Licensure desired
• Five (5) years of demonstrable experience conducting, supervising and evaluating structural tests and inspections is desirable
• Working knowledge of the latest codes and standards governing the special inspections and structural tests
• Ability to read, understand, and interpret construction plans and specifications
• Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with established policies and regulations
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Valid New York State Drivers’ License is required