The Senior Geotechnical Engineer is responsible for managing geotechnical projects, geotechnical report preparation, peer review of geotechnical reports, geotechnical specification writing, and performing basic and complex geotechnical calculations. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will also be a mentor to junior geotechnical staff & perform a variety of engineering functions under the direction of a Senior Professional Engineer.
• Direct and execute geotechnical project assignments including complex engineering analyses, report preparation, field exploration and laboratory analysis.
• Be thoroughly engaged in loss prevention and limitation of liability on geotechnical assignments.
• Provide mentorship to Staff Engineers (E.I.T.s and PhDs) and help to professionally develop said engineers.
• Evaluate ground conditions and understand their impact on design and construction.
• Perform shallow and deep foundation designs and slope stability analyses.
• Perform deep foundation analysis for various types of piles (such as helical piles, mircopiles, driven steel/timber piles, drilled piers/shafts), including WEAP analysis.
• Geotechnical design of shoring and bracing systems such as soldier pile lag walls, sheet pile walls, cellular coffer dams, secant pile walls, etc.
• Conduct seismic studies such as site class determination, liquefaction analysis, site-specific spectral response analysis, liquefaction induced settlement analysis, etc.
Salary is $80K+ DOE. Strong benefits package. Direct placement opportunity.
• BS degree in Civil Engineering. Masters and PhD in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering preferred.
• Registration as Professional Civil Engineer in New York State within 30 days of employment.
• 15+ years of relevant experience required.
• Ability to interact with client and design team during design and construction phases of a project.
• Proficient in project management with proven ability to meet business goals.
• Strong background in soil mechanics with extensive knowledge of geotechnical analyses and laboratory testing of soil.
• Be able to process data efficiently and be able to solve problems on job sites efficiently.
• Extensive experience and understanding in the provision of geotechnical engineering recommendations / soil parameters for shallow and deep foundations, pavements, site preparation and site mitigation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of geotechnical engineering software.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Drivers License.