The position of technical sales representative consists of selling goods for wholesalers or manufacturers where technical or scientific knowledge is required in such areas as biology, engineering, chemistry and electronics. Up to 75% of your time could be spent traveling.
• Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms
• Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information such as selling strategies and marketing information
• Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs and explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services
• Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers' needs, and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations
• Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients and attending trade shows and conferences
Salary is $47K+ DOE. Direct placement opportunity.
• A Bachelors degree is preferred
• 3+ years experience in technical sales required
• Ability to persuade others to change their minds and behavior