Develop plumbing / fire protection systems for educational, institutional, industrial, healthcare, and commercial facilities.
• Work with technical teams such as project engineers, project managers, project architects to support design development.
• Lead the design development by creating reports, calculations, drawings, cost estimates, specifications, and deliverables.
• Travel to project sites to verify conditions and installation during construction.
• Approve submittals and support RFI responses during construction administrations.
• Communicate with clients, use project workflow documents, attend client interviews, estimate man-hours, and assist in the preparation of proposals.
• Develop and mentor staff designers and engineers.
Salary is $90K+ DOE - will pay more for a well-qualified candidate. Solid benefits package offered. Direct placement opportunity.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• Eight years of experience in responsible charge of project design in respective discipline plus advanced courses, training program or seminars relating to engineering and management.
• Preferably has a Professional Engineering License (P.E.) or Engineer-in-Training (E.I.T.) working toward P.E. Licensing.
• CAD (REVIT) experience preferred.
• Must have building design experience.
• Design experience with a consulting engineering firm a plus.