Our client is seeking to fill a Project Surveyor position that includes both field and office responsibilities.
• Act as the lead professional / Project Manager for select clients and term agreements to ensure quality products.
• Negotiate contracts, prepare proposals and manage financial and technical aspects of projects.
• Develop sound scopes of work in accordance with the clients’ requirements.
• Exercise leadership and motivation within the project team to ensure good performance by all members.
• Provide technical and professional consultation on firm projects involving survey issues.
• Direct and instruct other field staff engaged in making field surveys, using survey notes, maps, deeds, etc.
• Effectively complete assignments including construction stakeout, boundary surveys and topographic & existing conditions surveys.
Salary is $70K+ DOE. Strong benefits package. Direct placement opportunity.
• Bachelors degree in Surveying and / or a minimum of 10 years of experience with survey project management.
• P.L.S. required, preferably from New York State. If P.L.S. is held in another state, must have the ability to become licensed in New York within one year.
• A thorough knowledge of all types of land surveys.
• Complete knowledge of the purpose and procedures for field and office work regarding surveys.
• Ability to effectively use GPS, total stations and robotic total station survey equipment.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply Boundary Law while performing boundary surveys.
• A valid driver’s license.
• May be required to be certified to work on hazardous waste projects.
• May be required to undergo drug testing as required for specific projects or fingerprinting as required for security clearance purposes.