The Office Manager / Bookkeeper is responsible for the overall successful operation of the accounting department. They will ensure the smooth running of the accounting department on a day-to-day basis and will manage a team of administrative and accounting staff.
• Use of accounting on-line programs (Quick Books) for all accounting functions.
• Journal Entries: prepare journal entries for monthly bank activity, payroll, money transfers & automatic deductions.
• Accounts Payable-responsible for process, monitoring & entries of monthly vendor invoices and monthly obligations.
• Accounts Receivable-oversee process, monitoring & posting of receipts, bank deposits.
• Compile monthly reports that reflects profit and loss by both customer and gross margin.
• Payroll-entry of weekly payroll to GL, verify month end amounts and maintain wage reports, Worker’s Compensation.
• Direct Supervisor of the office staff that consists of the following functions: payroll, billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, Quick books, On-line, Express Time & TSheets.
• Analyze and organize office operations policies and procedures
• Evaluate and review office production and procedures to develop new ways to improve efficiency. Assist Office with answering 3-line phone system.
• Develop and recommend programs to improve office operations, customer retention and profitability
Pay is $50K+ DOE. Direct placement opportunity.
• 5+ years of experience as a full charge bookkeeper and administrative office manager.
• Advanced computer and program knowledge to include Excel, Quick books On-line, ADP Workforce Now & MS Office Suite
• Customer Service focused attitude and work philosophy. Pleasant and positive personality.
• Ability to handle highly confidential information
• Close attention to detail and accuracy in written documents and reports
• Must be trusty worthy and reliable individual
• Bachelors or Associates degree in accounting or business administration