The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing primary healthcare to patients and families, from pediatrics to geriatrics, focusing on health maintenance, disease prevention and management, patient education and counseling. Collaborates with a physician following established guidelines as required and within established scope of practice.
• Performing subjective history and objective testing
• Developing treatment plans
• Performing tests and procedures as indicated by diagnosis
• Practicing an integrated care approach by consulting with other disciplines
• Prioritizing the learning needs of patient population and utilizing the appropriate time frame for patient education
Salary is $81K+ DOE - will pay significantly more for well-qualified candidates. Direct placement opportunity.
• Masters degree from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized organization as an FNP
• Board Certification by AANP or ANCC
• Current New York State Department of Education issued FNP & RN certificate, at least 3-5 years recent clinical nursing experience
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
• Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
• Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
• Computer competencies using an EMR