The primary function of the Mechanical Technician is to inspect, maintain, and repair automobiles, trucks and buses that run on gasoline, diesel, electricity, or alternative fuels such as propane. Perform major repairs and overhauls to vehicles, including fuel, ignition, electrical and cooling systems; power transmissions and differentials, universal joints and hydraulic units; steering mechanisms and other controls; wheel alignments and emission control systems. Diagnose and repair all three engine groups with some assistance.
Pay is $16+ per hour DOE. Direct placement opportunity.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Two to three years minimum related experience preferred.
• Welding certification required.
• NYS CDL, Class B driver license with Passenger Transport and Air Brake endorsements required.
• Working knowledge of modern automotive maintenance methods and procedures including the proper and safe use of general automotive repair tools, equipment and of lubrications and their proper use.
• Perform skilled automotive repair work involving the use of specialized tools, instruments and equipment.
• Ability to use some independent judgment and initiative to continue training in the latest knowledge and techniques of the trade.
• Ability to perform computer diagnostics and tests.