Objectives are to coordinate resident care, designate tasks & assignments to care staff and monitor the overall functioning of staff on the shift.
• Plans and reviews work assignments assuring effective shift coverage. Coordinates care on his / her shift.
• Participates in and supervises the delivery of care to patients.
• Implements the service plans and collects data regarding the health status of patients.
• Acts as team leader for shift. Coaches care staff regarding care practices and standards.
• Maintains professional demeanor and uses tactful, diplomatic communication techniques in potentially sensitive or emotionally charged situations.
• Administers medications according to the physician order on the medication administration record.
Pay is $19+ per hour DOE. Direct placement opportunity.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Must be a currently licensed practical nurse in New York State.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Minimum of two years nursing experience preferred.
• Receives a minimum or 12 continuing education credits as needed for continued licensure.