Responsible for the development and modification of manufacturing methods and processes. Provides engineering and quality oversight to foundry operations.
• Apply knowledge of product design, tooling, fabrication, and materials to develop, optimize, document, and maintain foundry processes, work instructions, and methods.
• Improve productivity and part quality through process stability and repeatability.
• Document and engineer riser and gatings and improvements.
• Select metal grades and development and implementation of heat treatment requirements and processes.
• Responsible for first piece sampling from new, modified, reordered, or repaired tooling through to production release.
• Analyze product failure data, solicit operator input, and develop solutions.
• Ensure chemical and mechanical testing procedures are adhered to properly recorded.
Salary is $65K+ DOE - will pay significantly more for a candidate with strong experience. A solid benefits package is offered. Direct placement opportunity.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or mechanical engineering technology
• Ten+ years experience with sand, plaster, and permanent mold in aluminum foundry environment
• Magma Flow software experience
• Superior computer skills; well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly strong with Excel)