The Field Engineer is responsible for the correct placement of specified materials, equipment and services by the field forces and for the establishment of lines, elevations and control points for each project.
• Complete review of contact drawings and specifications.
• Check drawings for discrepancies prior to starting work.
• Prepare drawings for layout, elevation, blockouts, inserts, bulkheads, connections, joints, excavation, etc.
• Maintain engineering logbook containing required layout drawings and engineering data.
• Perform field layout of grades and lines utilizing survey equipment.
• Perform a daily safety check to assure conformance with applicable safety regulations.
• Supply Trade Foremen with lines, grades and points.
• Check final layouts to assure compliance with project design drawings.
Salary is $50K+ DOE. Direct placement opportunity.
• 2+ years previous experience preferred
• Bachelors degree preferred - Associates degree required (in civil engineering or construction technology)