The Director of Health Services oversees all mental and physical health programs.
1. Responsible for budgeting and accountability of services as compared to staffing needs and community needs. Participates in budget creation, reduces expenses and overseas management processes.
2. Represent the agency and programs in direct oversight at county and state events for mental and physical health awareness both on community needs as well as our abilities to perform and relate back to administration.
3. Maintain awareness of needs and trends in the mental and physical health world in our region as it pertains to our service delivery mode.
4. Develop strong working relationships within the community and with Medicaid Managed Care Organizations that will ensure positive working relationships and allow for partnership in the delivery of mental and physical health services. Serves as a liaison to managed care plans in resolution of issues relation to prior approval for medical services and denials of services rendered. Provides input in contract negations.
5. Monitors the delivery of patient services, planning for space allocation, money management, and acts as liaison with businesses, hospitals, pharmaceutical representatives, and other service providers. Assures consistency of organizational mission with demonstrated needs/expectation of low-income and medically underserved community.
Salary is $90K+. Strong benefits package. Direct placement opportunity.
• Masters degree in administration, human services or business field preferred
• Five years experience in a mental and physical health field with a minimum of three years experience in senior leadership role with goal setting and monitoring of programs with regulatory oversight
• Proven leadership abilities to facilitate outcomes of programs and services
• Knowledge of Managed Care Organizations and experience working with insurance billing practices
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
• Ability to effectively compose reports, proposals and business correspondence
• Knowledge and skills sufficient for establishing effective relationships with community partners, county and state officials
• Extensive experience in providing effective personnel management skills a must