The Clinical Therapist is responsible for the provision of comprehensive clinical services to clients and their families. This includes the provision of individual, family, group therapies, crisis intervention, advocacy, assessment, planning, discharge planning and interdisciplinary teamwork.
• Performs intakes, interviews new patient to obtain information and identify mental and social problems and refers to psychiatrist if appropriate.
• Participates in staff meetings to discuss new cases and formulate treatment plans.
• Provides counseling to individuals, couples and groups using therapeutic methods such as behavior modification and cognitive restructuring, to assist patients in achieving more satisfying lives and enhancing their problem solving capacities.
• Makes referrals to a variety of health, social and educational agencies and facilities to arrange for supportive services for patients.
• Provides emotional support needed by clients involved in the process of growth or change.
• Prepares and maintains a variety of records and reports such as patient treatment plans, case progress notes, referrals, letters and treatment and discharge summaries.
Salary is $45K+ - will pay more for a well-qualified candidate. Strong benefits package. Direct placement opportunity.
• Bachelors degree with three+ years experience
• NYS Licensure as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) or Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW or LCSW-R) or Licensed Psychologist. (Permit authorized with provided supervision).
• excellent, written and oral presentation skills
• strong planning and organizational skills essential
• must possess working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint