The CDL Driving Instructor is responsible for providing our client's drivers with the knowledge and training required to become and / or maintain a professional CDL. Instruction includes but is not limited to classroom lectures, demonstrations and / or hands on training according to program objectives, outlines, course descriptions and approved lesson plans.
• Provide leadership and direction to all driving and operating personnel.
• Will work with drivers to ensure compliance with client policies and statutory regulations, and will recommend changes to policies when necessary.
• Exhibit excellent communication skills along with patience, empathy and attentiveness to any and all employee inquiries.
• Possess proficient documentation skills in order to properly evaluate and document employee performance for both internal document requirements and external document requirements (i.e.; DOL, DOT, etc.)
• Act as Fleet Coordinator for 25+ vehicles, scheduling maintenance and ensuring safety.
• Cross-training on all internal transportation related operating procedures.
Salary is $50K+ DOE. Direct placement opportunity.
• 5+ years CDL driving and interstate transportation and delivery experience
• Valid Class "A" CDL license
• High school diploma or GED
• Current DOT medical exam
• Must pass a DOT drug screen
• Must have a clean MVR -- 39 months
• Must be able to work flexible hours & weekends