Our client is looking for an enthusiastic teacher to join their team.
• Maintain and enrich their expertise in the subject area they will teach
• Develop lesson plans that ensure the attainment of state learning standards and the additional specific grade-by-grade learning standards
• Coordinate lesson plans with other teachers to maximize possibilities for teaching similar topics in the same general time frame, thus reinforcing student knowledge on an interdisciplinary basis
• Provide direct and indirect instruction
• Long and short-term planning addressing individual needs of students
• Prepare students adequately for all required assessments
• Evaluate students' progress
$45K+ DOE & benefits package. Direct placement opportunity.
• Demonstrated expertise in the subject they will teach, as evidenced by personal skills and knowledge, an undergraduate major or minor or graduate degree in the subject they will teach, or direct subject-area teaching experience
• Possess any required state teaching certification and meet any other applicable credentialing requirements including the federal Elementary and Secondary Education Act, as amended
• Demonstrated communication skills
• Demonstrated ability and experience to engage the interest of high school-age children
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse children, including those with special needs
• Teaching experience in a public or private school, preferably in an urban setting