Assembles, troubleshoots, and repairs HVAC products using P&ID and mechanical and electrical prints. Typically, products assembled are complex and often custom, one-of-a-kind units, that may take multiple weeks to produce. The HVAC Technician will work collaboratively with design and manufacturing engineering and production assembly staff to maximize quality and operational efficiency.
• Assemble HVAC products using hand tools and other equipment as provided.
• Braze refrigeration components together as needed to produce the refrigeration circuit based on P&ID. Follow best-practices for brazing.
• Perform electrical wiring by connecting components according to electrical prints and diagrams.
• Perform in-process and final product testing including any adjustments required during the testing and data collection process.
Pay is $18+ per hour DOE. Strong benefits package. Direct placement opportunity.
• Minimum HS diploma or GED.
• Universal HVAC Certification preferred.
• Two or four-year technical degree desired.
• 5+ years direct hands on experience in electrical or mechanical assembly or quality inspection and testing in a manufacturing or experience in HVAC service and installation required.
• In-depth understanding of how HVAC systems function, including components and control electronics.
• Can troubleshoot and repair HVAC systems.
• Can fabricate custom refrigeration components and fabricate basic sheet metal components.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical engineering prints, P&ID diagrams.
• Perform complex electrical assembly work.
• Ability to braze refrigeration components using best-practices.
• Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to read, understand, apply, and write product-related technical documents in English.